Grid-Iron american football game language selector
Language
ČeštinaDanskDeutsch
EnglishEspañolEspañol (Latinoamérica)
FrançaisItalianoMagyar
NederlandsPolskiPortuguês (Brasil)
RomânăSlovenčinaSlovenščina
SrpskiSuomiБългарски
РусскийУкраїнська 
Register
Login
surely it must get boring
 
bigbudsmokerGI Supporter
Posts: 91
Joined: 2016-03-03
II.2
Offline
Posted on 2019-03-14 22:44:10
I was just looking at the Asia, Africa & Arab peninsula and the Oceania top leagues and between them they have 13 teams in the top divisions. What horrible leagues to be involved in (not for quality but for quantity). Surely having to bot bash every week and to have bot teams making it to the last 8 of the cup (last 4 in some regions) can get a bit repetitive and extremely boring. I mean its nice to win and stuff but fek that for a game of soldiers.

Surely merging these 3 regions and at least having a top division full of human managers would make it more competitive and much less boring for everyone involved. Its most likely been discussed before and time zones ect could be a problem but having top divisions with just 3,4 and 6 human teams is quite frankly embarrassing.
  
projectrracingGI Supporter
Posts: 7883
Joined: 2009-11-30
I.1
Offline
Posted on 2019-03-14 23:17:32
I cannot speak for the other regional group, but Oceania up until a season or two ago never really had this issue. We were getting one, maybe two bots in TD at very most. But that is the normal nowadays.

The saving grace for our top division is that we do have long established teams that continually push the other teams. While not much depth in the quantity of teams. The quality has always been very high. As evidenced by the strong showing in AFLC each season.

One thing that does get boring is the regional cup. As we have less lower divisions that the larger groups like ASE and CE etc. Those groups have had 3x games before we even get to play our first one.
  
Hard-core fan (ultimate supporter owner)shmertnicknameGI Supporter
Posts: 2127
Joined: 2011-10-17
III.6
Offline
Hard-core fan (ultimate supporter owner)
Posted on 2019-03-15 8:02:22
bigbudsmoker wrote:

I was just looking at the Asia, Africa & Arab peninsula and the Oceania top leagues and between them they have 13 teams in the top divisions. What horrible leagues to be involved in (not for quality but for quantity). Surely having to bot bash every week and to have bot teams making it to the last 8 of the cup (last 4 in some regions) can get a bit repetitive and extremely boring. I mean its nice to win and stuff but fek that for a game of soldiers.

Surely merging these 3 regions and at least having a top division full of human managers would make it more competitive and much less boring for everyone involved. Its most likely been discussed before and time zones ect could be a problem but having top divisions with just 3,4 and 6 human teams is quite frankly embarrassing.



Entirely sensible idea, therefore it won't happen.
  

When fascism comes to America it will be draped in the flag and carrying a cross.

SrednaDGI Supporter
Posts: 4051
Joined: 2010-11-02
I.1
Offline
Posted on 2019-03-15 8:10:32
projectrracing wrote:

I cannot speak for the other regional group, but Oceania up until a season or two ago never really had this issue. We were getting one, maybe two bots in TD at very most. But that is the normal nowadays.

The saving grace for our top division is that we do have long established teams that continually push the other teams. While not much depth in the quantity of teams. The quality has always been very high. As evidenced by the strong showing in AFLC each season.

One thing that does get boring is the regional cup. As we have less lower divisions that the larger groups like ASE and CE etc. Those groups have had 3x games before we even get to play our first one.



And any kind of merger of these regions will not create teams or team dpeth enough to support a 5 division deep region, and thereby not adressing the real problem as you state - Teams in AS&E, CE and NA make on average 2-4 million more a season by having 2-3 rounds of extra cup games each season.

For the newer teams, there is no difference as they do not have that many Cup games, but for the teams competing for AFCL spots, 2-4 million is a difference.
  

"Quarterbacks should wear a dress." - Jack Lambert

“Bing bing, bong bong, bing bing bing” - Donald Trump @ “Lincoln Day” speech on political lobbying, 2015

stevie76GI Supporter
Posts: 399
Joined: 2016-02-06
III.5
Offline
Posted on 2019-03-18 20:06:45
SrednaD wrote:

And any kind of merger of these regions will not create teams or team dpeth enough to support a 5 division deep region, and thereby not adressing the real problem as you state - Teams in AS&E, CE and NA make on average 2-4 million more a season by having 2-3 rounds of extra cup games each season.

For the newer teams, there is no difference as they do not have that many Cup games, but for the teams competing for AFCL spots, 2-4 million is a difference.




Play in a competitive large region with the POTENTIAL for a couple more cup games ? Or play in a 6 team region with guaranteed Top Division status and a 1 in 3 chance of qualifying for the AFLC ?

Yeah ..... I wouldn't say that the financial advantage lies with the larger regions. In fact it's highly favourable to the regions with only a handful of teams. So much so that these smaller region teams should really be untouchable in this game.

  
 
Last posts
2019-03-20 2:34
Maverick's CUP 4
Author:oreohowell
2019-03-19 23:48
Maverick's CUP 4
Author:ChrisOrmie
2019-03-19 23:22
Otázky a odpovede
Author:DIBBI3
2019-03-19 23:21
Typer Liga U-21 V
Author:ManowarPL
2019-03-19 22:56
Typer Liga U-21 V
Author:frozi