Grid-Iron american football game language selector
Language
ČeštinaDanskDeutsch
EnglishEspañolEspañol (Latinoamérica)
FrançaisItalianoMagyar
NederlandsPolskiPortuguês (Brasil)
RomânăSlovenčinaSlovenščina
SrpskiSuomiБългарски
РусскийУкраїнська 
Register
Login
National Team management
 
freakyfullbackGI Supporter
Posts: 22
Joined: 2020-11-07
IV.1
Offline
Posted on 2021-02-23 16:26:00
Hey all. Am relatively new to the game but interested in the idea of managing a national team next season if possible. Could one of you more experienced members outline the main differences between national and club management? I can't seem to find a concise explanation anywhere so am only really guessing. Also is it possible to manage a nation other than your own? I'm sure the UK is super popular, plus I doubt I'm worthy of a job like that just yet and would rather cut my teeth with one of the smaller nations first. Appreciate the help.
  
bigbudsmokerGI Supporter
Posts: 194
Joined: 2016-03-03
I.1
Offline
Posted on 2021-02-23 17:12:07
Yo ffb,its just the same as club management bud. You just pick what you think is your best team/formation for upcoming matches and then hope for the best. When you get a National team job you will have a playing squad of up to 50 players who are already in the National team.

For example: If you take the UK job you will have all the players that i have at the moment. The only way this would change is if a manager of an active team puts a player up for sale who is due to retire and no one bids on them. Players on bot teams never retire or lose any physical attributes. If any bot team who has national team players is taken over by a new human manager the players would become available on the transfer market and would retire if they got no bids (sometimes you see this when a lot of 40-50 year old guys appear on the transfer list together). I would advise to leave all players on bot teams in the squad as they are worth there weight in gold due to there physical atributes never declining.

When you get a National team job you will have 50 call ups available to you and you can add and remove players from the team as you see fit. When searching for new players for the National team you will have to use your own scout reports of which you only have 5 a week, how ever in my experience players from the Nation you are in charge of are always happy to help with the scouting of players should you need it.

Regarding the UK team, i was the manager for the last WC and did not apply to be manager this time around. There where no applications from any UK managers so i decided to try and defend the cup and sent a request to admin to ask if they could make me manager again.

I wont be applying for the UK job at the next world cup but should no one apply i would be willing to do it again just to keep it ticking along.

Once the period for national team applications has finished, the community get to vote for who should get the National team jobs. After that is decided there are always National teams remaining who have no managers. This is when you can send a message to admin asking for a National team job outwith your own nation.

If you want to apply for the UK job at World Cup 30 then please do so mate (everyones got to start somewhere). I am not saying you will get the job if other managers apply but if no managers apply as happened last season then the job would be yours without any vote required.

Hopefully that covers most of what is required regards applying and managing a National team bud.

PS. You also have to check for injuries on a Friday which can mean late nights depending on where the world cup is being played. There is nothing worse than putting out a bot line up because you didnt have time to check for injuries the night before.
  
freakyfullbackGI Supporter
Posts: 22
Joined: 2020-11-07
IV.1
Offline
Posted on 2021-02-23 18:49:55
Thanks man, that's all great info. So basically it's a case of just sticking with the squad that's already there, and calling up new players to fill any gaps or if you find better alternatives, and then picking the best lineup/tactics from what you've got.....

I assume the scout report fee comes from your own club funds? Not really something I could afford as a team just starting out, so would have to rely on goodwill of managers for player info. Presumably you can see all of their stats once they have been called up though?

I also notice the different national teams have varying stadium sizes - is there any construction element like there is in club management, or is it just a case of taking what you're given? Ditto training and nutrition etc, I assume those all just go on at their clubs with national managers having no influence?

So I guess it sounds like my best bet is to apply for the UK job next season then. If I end up getting it then will just see what I can do, and if I don't then no harm done as I can then ask to pick up one of the left-over nations. Cheers again for the help, and good luck in the final on Thursday!
  
bigbudsmokerGI Supporter
Posts: 194
Joined: 2016-03-03
I.1
Offline
Posted on 2021-02-23 19:07:46
freakyfullback wrote:

Thanks man, that's all great info. So basically it's a case of just sticking with the squad that's already there, and calling up new players to fill any gaps or if you find better alternatives, and then picking the best lineup/tactics from what you've got.....


Yip thats it mate

freakyfullback wrote:

I assume the scout report fee comes from your own club funds? Not really something I could afford as a team just starting out, so would have to rely on goodwill of managers for player info. Presumably you can see all of their stats once they have been called up though?


Yes mate, you can see all the stats of players called up but you still need to scout players who play a 2nd position to see if they are fully trained in said position.

freakyfullback wrote:

I also notice the different national teams have varying stadium sizes - is there any construction element like there is in club management, or is it just a case of taking what you're given? Ditto training and nutrition etc, I assume those all just go on at their clubs with national managers having no influence?


You just get what you are given mate regarding stadiums, training, nutrition ect all happen at there club and at no cost to you.

freakyfullback wrote:

So I guess it sounds like my best bet is to apply for the UK job next season then. If I end up getting it then will just see what I can do, and if I don't then no harm done as I can then ask to pick up one of the left-over nations. Cheers again for the help, and good luck in the final on Thursday!


Yes for sure mate, just apply and if your not successfull then you can apply for the National team managers job of another nation.
  
freakyfullbackGI Supporter
Posts: 22
Joined: 2020-11-07
IV.1
Offline
Posted on 2021-02-25 11:28:58
bigbudsmoker wrote:

I would advise to leave all players on bot teams in the squad as they are worth there weight in gold due to there physical atributes never declining.



Bit of a tangent, but a couple of (non-NT related) questions on this too.....

* From what age (on non-BOT teams) can/do physical attributes start to decline?
* Is it like a season-end update, or can it happen at any time?
* Do we get notified? (eg. like on the Training Report for increases)
* Does this apply to all three of Speed/Strength/Stamina? With other skills unaffected?

And on a similar note, what is the typical age range for players retiring? I've gradually been making my squad younger and am left with just one 30 year-old now, is he likely to retire next season or in a few seasons time?

Apologies for all the questions - am getting there!
  
 
Last posts
2021-03-01 15:41
Championnat saison 11 !!!!
Author:Than59
2021-03-01 15:19
DACH Cup
Author:F_Lea
2021-03-01 14:57
Helmet & Kit
Author:jaythegrim
2021-03-01 14:27
Nationalmannschaft
Author:liberalmente
2021-03-01 13:29
Helmet & Kit
Author:shmertnickname
2021-03-01 13:08
Helmet & Kit
Author:pfletch